Welcome to the IEEE ICC 2012 Media Center!
This online press room is a resource for the media and attendees on conference activities. Here you can browse our press releases and find details about our most recent announcements.
Heather Ann Sweeney
Associate Marketing Manager
IEEE Communications Society
- May 23, 2012: IEEE Week Proclaimed from June 10 – 15, 2012 in Ottawa, Canada
- April 26, 2012: Thousands of International Communications Experts to Attend Hundreds of
Advanced Presentations, While Touring the Nation’s Capital & Participating in Local Festivities
- February 23, 2012: IEEE ICC 2012 to Feature “Paperless+” Event from June 10 – 15 in Ottawa, Canada
- January 23, 2012: IEEE ICC 2012 Opens Registration for Leading Wireless Networking Conference
- June 29, 2011: IEEE ICC 2012 to feature latest Wireless and Wireline Service & Networking Innovations & Advances
- June 11, 2012
- June 12, 2012
- June 13, 2012
- June 14, 2012
- June 15, 2012
- May 8, 2012: Preview Social Networks & Government and Defence Forums
- Neeli Prasad, Head of Research at the Center for TeleInFrastruktur at Aalborg University, will provide an overview of
the Social Networks Forum.
- Malcolm Vant, Special Officer at DRDC Ottawa, will highlight the Government and Defence Forum.
- April 11, 2012: Preview of the Technical Symposia, Nanotechnology Plenary and Research to Standards Workshop
- Hussein Mouftah, Technical Program Committee Chair, will give an overview of the conference's Technical Symposia.
- Ian Akyildiz, Georgia Tech, will discuss the "Fundamentals of Molecular Nano-Communication Networks."
- Tarik Taleb, NEC Europe, will detail path of Telecommunications from Research to Standards.
- March 28, 2012: Preview of Sessions on IPv6, In-home Netwokring and Wireless Sensors and Networks.
- Latif Ladid, President IPv6 Forum, Senior Researcher, SnT – University of Luxembourg, addressed the impact of IPv6.
- Matt Christensen, Technology Strategy, TELUS, will address the Future of In-home Networking.
- Ramiro Liscano, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, will discuss Wireless Sensor Actor and Actuator
- February 16, 2012: Preview of the Industry Forums
- Adam Drobot, Industry Forum Chair, will provide a brief overview of the conference’s Industry Forums.
- Stan McClellan, Texas State University, will host the session dedicated to “Smart Grid Security and Threat Awareness.”
- Curtis Behmann, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, will host the conference’s high-level panel discussion on “Enhancing
Technology Development & Market Success Using Patent & Licensing Strategies.”
- May 30, 2012 - The Future of In-Home Networking at IEEE ICC 2012
by Matt Christensen, Development and Standardization Engineer, TELUS
- May 11, 2012 - Fundamentals of Molecular Nano-Communication Networks at IEEE ICC 2012
by Dr. Ian F. Akyildiz, Ken Byers Chair Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Georgia Institute of Technology.
- May 3, 2012 - Exploring IPv6 Industry Issues & Challenges at IEEE ICC 2012
by Latif Ladid, President IPv6 Forum, Senior Researcher, SnT – University of Luxembourg.
- April 25, 2012 - International Experts to Explore Smart Grid Security, Threat Identification and Management
at IEEE ICC 2012 by Dr. Stan McClellan, Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering at the Ingram School of
Engineering at Texas State University.
Press Attending the Show / Press Credentials
Members of the media are invited to join us in Ottowa for IEEE ICC 2012. We provide complimentary registrations for editorial staff of media outlets covering communications and networking related topics. If you have questions, or would like more information, please contact Heather Ann Sweeney at email@example.com or via phone at +1.212.705.8938.
Press credentials are reserved for editorial members of the working press and for analysts. Those requesting media registration must be currently employed by an established news outlet. Analysts requesting accreditation must be currently employed by a research or financial institution as either an industry analyst or financial analyst.
Submitting a request for credentials
In order to process your request, you must submit the supporting documentation listed below, along with your name, editorial title, publication, address, phone, fax, e-mail and name of the event(s) you wish to attend as press.
Please submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or via fax to: Press Registration +1. 212.705.8938. Press registration is offered on a limited basis. IEEE ICC reserves the right to deny any applicant a press badge. We cannot issue credentials to publishers, corporate officers, or sales, advertising, public relations and/or technical support staff from any news outlet or other media/analyst organization.
Trade and business publications, newspapers and wire services
Provide two of the following three items:
• A business card with your editorial title from an established publication or media outlet,
• A current masthead that includes your name and editorial title, or
• Two bi-lined industry-related articles published within the last six months.
Broadcast, TV/Radio Reporters, Producers and Camera/Sound Crews
Provide one of the following items:
• A business card with your name, station name and logo, and title that represents these roles, or
• A broadcast station identification card with your name and title that represents these roles.
Freelance Writers / Reporters / Authors
Provide one of the following items:
• An original letter (on letterhead) of assignment or a copy of your contract from the editor-in-chief at a news organization, or
• Two samples of by-lined industry-related articles published within the last six months.
Writers and analysts from internationally recognized market research firms or financial institutions who write on a consistent basis for regularly published reports must provide the following:
• A business card with name, editorial/analyst title, and analyst firm logo and
• A copy of a white paper, briefing or report with a optical communications topic, published within the last six months, to which you have contributed.
Reporters from online publications covering optical communications must provide a business card and a letter of assignment. Web sites must provide editorial content—personal Web pages and personal blogs are not considered online publications.
Newsletter reporters must verify they have been retained to cover IEEE ICC by presenting a letter of assignment. Newsletter publications will be limited to one media representative.
Registration will not be guaranteed for those who fail to submit the proper documentation. Upon approval, all media registrants will receive a confirmation of their status via e-mail. Those who do not receive a confirmation should contact email@example.com
If you have questions, or would like more information, please contact Heather Ann Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via phone at +1.212.705.8938.